Get the information and resources you need for compliance.
What Is the SEC’s Climate-Related Disclosure Regulation?
Released in March 2022, the SEC’s proposed Climate-Related Disclosure rules*The finalized rules will likely differ from the rules proposed in March 2022. require publicly listed companies to report:
- Scope 1 and Scope 2 greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- Scope 3 GHG emissions if deemed material, or if the business has set a Scope 3 emissions reduction target.
- Climate-related risks, identified according to the four components of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) framework:
- Risk Management
- Metrics and Targets
- Governance of climate-related risks and relevant risk management processes.
- Relevant targets, goals and transition plans, if available.
Ready to learn more?
Tell us how we can help.