What is Sustainable Design (Environmental Design, Eco-Design)?
Sustainable Design incorporates environmental impact into product design and development at a product’s conception to enhance environmental performance throughout its lifecycle. Sustainable Design highlights environmental opportunities and weaknesses and thus provides important decision-making guidance for product developers. This is particularly relevant when choosing materials and production processes, comparing recycling qualities and observing legal guidelines. Only through this kind of early consideration can environmental impacts be reduced to the greatest possible extent.
Sphera’s process begins by creating a customized Sustainable Design concept for your company. We assess all environmental impacts, evaluate opportunities to improve and detect weak points. Sphera provides reliable insights and support in reporting acquired results, e.g., by transferring findings into automatic reporting tools or into messages applicable to various stakeholders.
Design and Develop your Products with Sphera
- Differentiate your brand by optimizing technical and economic criteria, as well as ecological aspects, e.g., energy consumption, emissions, or recycling.
- Convert mandatory requirements into business values and advantages by displaying your environmental performance, identifying areas for improvement and priority fields of action, and enhancing energy efficiency.
- Improve the coordination between your development, production, marketing and environment departments with the help of Sustainable Design.
- Foster an understanding of Life Cycle Thinking and integrate it into daily business practices on all levels.
- Improve internal and external environmental communication with reliable information.