What is Resource & Energy Efficiency?
Resource & Energy Efficiency offers a powerful and cost-effective tool for achieving a sustainable future.
Resource & Energy Efficiency saves money and cuts emissions faster than any other climate change mitigation option.
Efficiently using resources and energy consequently bring about both economic and ecological advantages. By enacting efficiency measures, organizations simultaneously save costs and reduce environmental impacts and risks.
- The ever increasing scarcity of resources is provoking growing numbers of organizations to find alternatives to traditional energy sources. This often involves changing energy supplies, procedures or choice of supplier.
- However, a narrow focus on energy and resources hardly facilitates quick identification of solutions and alternatives.
- Taking this into account, environmental impacts do not have to be directly considered to be reduced. A simplified Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) can calculate the degree to which material and energy amount inputs can be decreased without incurring any additional environmental burdens.
- Using resource and energy consumption as key parameters, companies can concentrate both on reducing consumption and finding potential alternatives. This allows for a much more exhaustive analysis by weighing the benefits and drawbacks of various scenarios, providing important decision-making insights.
Sphera Software helps you to increase your resource and energy efficiency
- Reduce – energy demand
- Benchmark – against best available technology
- Assess – environmental impacts of material production
- Embed – Life Cycle Thinking into your organization’s operations
- Communicate – more effectively internally and externally