Buildings account for over 15 percent of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. Green buildings represent one of the most significant investment opportunities that contributes to mitigating climate change. According to the International Finance Corporation (IFC), there is a $24.7 trillion investment opportunity in green buildings by 2030 in emerging markets alone.
This webinar will introduce IFC’s EDGE green building certification and show how investors can use it to finance green buildings globally. Participants will learn how investors are using EDGE as part of technical assistance programs to identify green building projects and quantify the impact, as well as how investors use green-certified building portfolios to fund larger refurbishment projects.An innovation of IFC, EDGE (“Excellence in Design for Greater Efficiencies”) provides market leaders with the opportunity to gain a competitive advantage by differentiating their products. EDGE brings speed, market intelligence and an investment focus to the next generation of green building certification in more than 160 countries.
You will learn the following by joining the webinar:
- Why green buildings represent an attractive investment opportunity for investors
- How the EDGE App can be used to report on the carbon reductions of a building and energy efficiency measures
- Examples of how investors are using EDGE to invest in green buildings worldwide
- Harry Fernau, Global Product Manager, Energy & Green Building, SGS
- Eleni Polychroniadou, EDGE Program Manager, Sphera
View the on-demand webinar.