A Carbon Footprint analysis measures the total greenhouse gas emissions generated directly and indirectly by a person, organization, event or product.
Carbon footprint (CF) – also called a carbon profile – is the overall amount of carbon dioxide (CO2) and other greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions (e.g. methane, nitrous oxide, etc.) associated with a product, its supply-chain, and sometimes including emissions from its use and end-of-life recovery and disposal.
- Carbon footprint quantification analysis and reduction are key to addressing climate change. With this information, companies are empowered to enhance energy efficiency, mitigate carbon emissions by means of green energy, and compensate for remaining GHG emissions by investing in carbon offsets, with a final goal of being carbon neutral.
- Product sustainability software allows companies to capture all the GHG emissions of a product in a systematic and transparent way. Primary data specific to your product can then be incorporated into your analyses and combined with secondary data on GHG emissions.
- Calculate and reduce your Product Carbon Footprint with Sphera Product Sustainability (GaBi) Software
- Sphera’s LCA Software is a professional calculator that helps you to calculate your carbon footprint.
Assess the carbon footprint of your products according to international standards such as ISO 14067, PAS 2050 or GHG Protocol.
- Save costs by reducing energy demand and improve your carbon footprint.
- Map risks with hotspot analysis
- Find weak points and prioritize actions.
- Strengthen your competitive position with low carbon or carbon neutral products.
- Get reliable information regarding the environmental performance of your products, improving your external communication.
- Comply with customer demands and prepare for forthcoming legislation relating to greenhouse gas emissions.