What is ErP Directive & Ecodesign?
The Ecodesign Directive (2009/125/EC) is the European Union’s ecological requirements for Energy-using Products (EuP) and Energy-related Products (ErP). .
The directive covers a host of products, from lightbulbs to insulation materials to data processing units. It can be challenging for businesses to know if the Ecodesign directive affects their products, or if their suppliers possess all the relevant information and data about the product life cycle with regard to the directive.
Sphera’s proven competency in ecodesign, LCA, environmental strategy development, sustainability roadmap definition, and business, technology and system assessments uniquely position us to offer your company solutions to meet the directive requirements.
These practices include legally required minimum activities and developing compliance obligations into beneficial business perspectives and proactive leadership. We can also provide you with support in all other aspects regarding the directive.
Sphera offers you the following Ecodesign services:
- Assistance in successfully preparing for and understanding the Ecodesign Directive.
- Support for companies or associations concerned with the directive.
- Training, studies and strategies for proactive companies considering environmental leadership; either before changing directive requirements or for those wishing to avoid future implementation measures altogether.
Details of Benefits
- Converting mandatory requirements into business values and advantages such as: displaying environmental performance, finding weak points and priority fields of action, enhancing energy efficiency.
- Generating awareness on current legislation and follow-up compliance in the future.
- Ensuring compliance with legal regulations.
- Fostering understanding of Life Cycle Thinking, the basis of the Ecodesign Directive.
- Improving internal and external environmental communication with reliable information.
ErP Directive & Ecodesign with Sphera
- Convert – mandatory requirements into business advantages
- Display – leadership over competitors
- Comply – with legal regulations
- Embed – Life Cycle Thinking into your organisations operations
- Communicate – more effectively internally and externally